Thursday, April 10, 2008

Somes more pics and stuff on Tiamat.

So I'm bored, tired, and camping Tiamat (again) tonight for how ever long I manage to stay sane doing so. I'd like to use this post to detail or rather chronicle my last Tiamat on Sunday night/Monday morning at like 3:30am....

This attempt was the epitome of low-manning what most other LSes can't even kill with two alliances...I'm not trying to say we're badass, but we're badass. What would be a normal holding party for your random LS is what we used to kill Tiamat, and I must say we killed him flawlessly, of course we always do...ANYWAY. It was like 3am and I was sleeping between windows, I just about had enough of it to be honest and wanted to get some real sleep. So I got up and watched for Tiamat to pop at it's window and it did. Massive calls ensue in my pt just trying to get them awake. There was hardly anyone on LS, just the six people we had down in chasm including me. So a few people were MSNed and we managed to muster up an additional two people willing to get out of bed for this.



Setup was as follows:

Tank pt:

NIN/DRK
PLD/NIN
BRD/WHM (relic)
RDM/DRK (me)
WHM/SCH
BLM/WHM

DD pt:

BLM/WHM
BLM/WHM
(BLM/WHM) Dual Boxed
(WHM/BLM) Dual Boxed - was there for moral support really, wasn't actually used iirc



Needless to say it was an easy fight, as a RDM I have three jobs really, and they aren't hard by any means. Firstly, the most important job is to Stun Firaga 3. I think I've come a long way as to understanding how important this is, pretty much I'll wait through whatever orange flappy throws at us and immediately Stun Firaga 3 the best way I can. Usually I'll Stun and Haste myself right after. I always try to keep my Haste up. With my current Stunning setup I can Stun every 30 seconds or so and I pretty much do use it that often for the entire duration of the fight (or 100k HP). As a RDM that /DRKs everything pretty much it should be noted that I've played around quite a bit with my Stunning setup, and I definitely believe that my current setup is the best I've had. Notable items that I actually macro in are:

Jupiter's Staff
Warlock's Chapeau +1 (Fast Cast enhancement + 5% recast which I must note is the same as Walhara Turban....RDMs DON'T FUCKING USE THIS POS)
Nashira Manteel (+3% Haste +5 Dark Magic Skill + 5 M.acc.)
Balrahn's Ring (+4 M.acc)
Swift Belt (+4% Haste)
Merciful Cape (+5 Dark Magic Skill)
Morrigan's Cuffs (+5 M.acc)

This puts me at 210 Dark Magic Skill with ample M.acc to help with freak resist rates.
(I also use this same setup when I Chainspell Stun....works like a dream, Stuns never last too long leaving lots of room for error ^)



So yeah my other job is keeping Slow 2 on....makes for a happy tank(s). Enough said here really, I stack a decent amount of MND gear when I cast this and I normally don't have any trouble landing it, though there are times it just won't land, which is to be expected, Tiamat is fucking resistant as hell.

At this particular point in I'm casting in the following for Slow 2 via two macros showing MND gear onry:

Terra's Staff
Yigit Gages (MND +5)
Tamas Ring (MND +5)
Aqua Ring (MND +5)
Jet Seraweels (+7 MND)
Mahatma Pigaches (+6 MND)
Penitent's Rope (+5 MND)
Prism Cape (+4 MND)
Bugard Leather Strap +1 (+1 MND)


My last job during Tiamat is keeping Phalanx 2 up on the tanks which provides -22 damage (max) in addition to whatever setups they might have (which I do not know, I'm not a true tanking individual!) So anyway, I cast this in gear which gives me 301 Enhancing Magic Skill.

Glamor Jupon (+3 Enhancing Magic Skill)
Warlock's Tights +1 (+15 Enhancing Magic Skill)
Merciful Cape (+5 Enhancing Magic Skill)
Duelist's Gloves (+15 Enhancing Magic Skill)
Enhancing Torque (+7 Enhancing Magic Skill)

From spawn to death it took the eight of us approx. an hour and twenty minutes to kill it. And it didn't do an uber WS once (i.e. Horrid Roar etc.). If you do the math the four BLMs we had each did about 25k damage each in a very short time. Not to mention they handled whatever adds we got...a couple of Corses, and a few elementals. Fight Tiamat like this was among one of the most memorable things I've done in game, and I really hope I get a chance to do it again it's entertaining to watch entire LSes watch such a small force killing such a heavily camped HNM.

Back to camping/sleeping. (Hopefully less camping, and more sleeping!)





No comments: