Thursday, July 17, 2008

Honesty

Here's some more lyrics I've been working on for my concept album. A little cheesy but I'm going for some epic-ness in the music so I need highly emotional lyrics (notemo). >.>

Honesty

You may not believe

That what I am about to say

Are indeed the facts

Or that there was anyway to tell

That those before me

Were to blame

For what is to come

Out of all of this.

I know that

In your eyes

There's no telling

As to how this could possibly end

But I assure you that

I've known for so long

Known for so long

That this day would come.

I'm not asking you to understand

That this is indeed who I am

I'm not asking you to understand

That this is alone, is my decision

To erase myself

And die...

By my own hand.

2 comments:

MogKnight said...

\m/ (-.-) \m/

Unknown said...

i love poems

here's my favorite:

Oh, the torment bred in the race
FROM THE LIBATION BEARERS
By Aeschylus

Oh, the torment bred in the race,
the grinding scream of death
and the stroke that hits the vein,
the hemorrhage none can staunch, the grief,
the curse no man can bear.

But there is a cure in the house,
and not outside it, no,
not from others but from them,
their bloody strife. We sing to you,
dark gods beneath the earth.

Now hear, you blissful powers underground—
answer the call, send help.
Bless the children, give them triumph now.