Tuesday, June 3, 2008

It begins, it begins, it begins...


I finally got my Macha's Coat last Friday, which was one of the most exciting days I've had in game yet. I had a firesale, totally de-gearing my NIN's sellable gear, undercutting on the harder to sell stuff to get the gil I needed for twelve Imperial Wootz Ingots. When I logged Friday night I had eight. By morning I was completely done and began looking at the next problem I would have to overcome in finally finishing my Morrigan's Robe...Long-Bowed Chariot.



For those that don't know why this is such a hurdle it involves not only getting up to the fifth floor in decent time, but also an incredibly frustrating set of ten single gear pulls on the forth floor. The boss's damage and tp moves are weakened by killing all ten, and its TP move Homing Missile is nerfed from resetting hate. Pulling the ten gears isn't so simple though. They are really sensitive and like to emo-warp if you aren't careful. You have to aggro them by damage, and if you aggro by sight or sound or magic aggro they warp. If you don't kill each one in a minute...they warp. Imagine having to do that ten fucking times. It's nerve racking. My new Salvage group is getting there though, last night our THF, a fucking amazing puller if I should say so myself got all 10/10 and we were able to kill LBC in about thirteen minutes.

It was Mog's first boss win and he also received the last piece to finish Usukane legs. I have a lot of faith in this new group, I think we're capable of getting people their stuff after doing this. Of course, it's going to take practice. Bodb's Robe...didn't drop last night. Phobos head did...yeah I was disappointed, but I should be so lucky that I have some great friends that are willing to go with me to see me get this, I think that leaves me ever more satisfied than actually getting the stupid 25 piece. I'll get it eventually, yeah I would like it now, but sometimes you can't always get what you want right away. Fact is, I think my new Salvage group has something to it, and I'm excited to see how far we get, I have confidence.

Salvage is thrilling, with Einherjar I am all but satisfied with playing FFXI at this particular point in time. It gives me immense joy leading people to victory even if I myself still have so much to learn.

No comments: