Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A RDM is Only as Good as Her Hat




Last night was the start of what I believe to be a very good week. It started with a bang if I should say so myself. Dynamis-Xarcabard and I have come to a deep understanding over the last 9 months that I've actually have had access to it. I've really grown to resent it quite a bit as the drop rates for AF2 is quite slim especially the one I had REALLY wanted. That item being Duelist's Chapeau. I knew when I was committed to gearing my RDM, that this hat was something I absolutely needed to feel complete. That goes without saying though for most RDMs. Although, I firmly believe there are people out there who don't deserve this item, even though they may have it. This hat is only as good as it's owner, and it's owner's gears, and every single time I see a GIMP RDM running around in MP rings and Wise gear I just want to chop off their head! I've known for a very long time that I was a very good candidate for this item but my luck as I had mentioned above has been nil, nonexistent, and impossible to gauge. I've done a million Xarc runs and NEVER seen it drop whether it was going to me or not. From my perception Duelist's Chapeau didn't exist. Until tonight. Yes, that's right folks. Lissy, is a whole person...er RDM today, as Duke Berith decided to stop his reign of screwing me over every time we clashed.

I have a history, especially in my FM days, trying to prove my worth above any other for this hat. I soloed some crazy stuff without it, showed up RDM to everything, and tried to excel and learn where I thought other RDMs failed. I wanted to let my LS know that the hat was mine, and that I had earned my right to lot it. In retrospect, I'm glad we never saw it drop in FM. I'd suspect that it might have ended in a losing lot or whatever, but anyway, I'm glad it didn't drop then...otherwise I would've never made my current LS which brought together all the wonderful people in it. I'm glad it finally dropped and I'm pretty sure most of the people think it went to the right person. I wholly believe I've earned it, and it's about time, maybe I'll actually start enjoying the game a little more with my RDM and BLM more or less finished now. Go figure.

2 comments:

MogKnight said...

Fancy Lissy Hat makes the world go round~

Unknown said...

You're a sexy Beast!